Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Things you wish you would have done....





I am taking the time to write to my followers. I know that I have been lacking in the post area but it is because my life has been ruled by work...again. Give me a millisecond to explain. I work in a catering department, so December is crazy with Holiday parties and other festivities.


Over the last few years I have relocated my entire life to be with my (now) husband. I took a leap of faith with a rocky relationship and moved across the United States to make it work. When I moved to Hawaii I packed a few pieces of luggage and two boxes from my life in New York. My friends thought I was crazy, and my family (even though they wished the best) were taking bets on how long it would be before I packed up and came back. Needless to say, I am still here in Hawaii and happily married to my best friend. I took a leap of faith to be where I am today. I will always remember packing all my important things and my best friend saying to me "Aren't you scared? Aren't you afraid that it's not going to work out?" My response was...well yes, of course I am scared things aren't going to work out. I will not force myself into a relationship if I know it's not going to work. I had many discussions with many people about taking "the leap of faith," and how I would be more regretful if I never took the chance and missed out on true love.

And let me tell you, I am so happy, and so grateful (to myself) that a took a chance in love and it worked. How lucky was I? I created this blog when I realized that I never took chances before. I was always afraid of rules and regulations and society and yadda ya that I never took the chance to risk everything. That was, until the day I packed everything and left my old life behind. I created this blog to encourage not only myself but my readers to go out there and risk everything to enjoy something, to create something in your life to be grateful for.

So I am very sorry for the lack of posts. Please understand that it's nothing personal, I just haven't had any leisure time to go out and do something exciting! I promise, soon!!!




What is one decision that you have made in your life that you will never regret? 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like the same-ish happened with me. Everyone was like, "Why don't you wait 2 years until you graduate?" But I knew that if I didn't go and things didn't work out because I didn't go I'd regret it forever. Best decision I ever made. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I'm your newest follower. I am so glad that I found your blog. I did exactly what you did - to move across the country to be with my love. I had no friends, family or anything to turn to once I moved here. I felt like I took a huge risk, but it's def. was the best thing that I have ever done. Travis and I are now engaged and I can't wait to marry him! :)

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete