Of course, another Pinterest recipe. Excuse the camera phone picture, I promise you this tasted much better than the picture makes it look.
What you need:
- 4 ounces of fresh fish. (I used tilapia and it was only $4.50 for both fillets)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 8-ounce container of chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine (I used a cheap bottle, Oakleaf because it was $2.00 and I was trying to make this meal as cheap as I could)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels and place inside a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix egg, half of the cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. When nicely combined add in broccoli and stuffing mix.
- Spoon filling on top of the fish fillets, roll the fish and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake covered for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes (or falls apart) and stuffing is hot.
To make the sauce that goes on top...
- In a small saucepan cook remaining cream cheese, milk, and wine until heated through, stirring often. Serve over fish.
This recipe was super easy to follow and it is really helpful for me. I am always trying to find a way to cook fish. Growing up my mother never cooked fish and I am not completely familiar on how to cook or prepare fish but I want to add it into my diet. Especially because I am trying to lose baby weight but because I am breastfeeding I need the extra protein and omegas. I will definitely be making it again!
(Original recipe- http://piarecipes.blogspot.com/2012/08/broccoli-and-cheese-stuffed-tilapia.html)