Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
What you will need:
- 8 oz dried spaghetti
- 14 oz canned minced clams
- Half and half
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 (2 oz/60 grams) chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil OR oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan or pasta pot. Add some salt and olive to the water (optional). Reduce the hear slightly adding the pasta. Boil uncovered, until al dente but chewy about 8-12 minutes. Drain pasta immediately.
- Meanwhile, drain the clams, reserving their liquid. Add enough half and half to the clam liquid to make 1 3/4 cup altogether.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and the garlic and sauté until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, basil OR orgegano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cream mixture all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Cook and stir for 1 minutes more.
- Stir in the parsley, wine and clams and heath through
- Ladle the sauce over the hot pasta, Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately
Questions, Comments, and Concerns?
I accidentally poured in the entire package of pasta which I am pretty sure is 16 oz (?). It still came out really good. Also, we poured our sauce into the pasta and mixed it in and it was REALLY good this way. This pasta is AMAZING. It was like sex in my mouth it was so good. Put the leftovers in a baking dish and bake to heat the next day to get a completely different meal. So good!