Tuesday, August 14, 2012

28 Weeks Pregnant




Well there I am, going into the 29th week of my fabulous pregnancy.  How do I feel? Very top heavy, not to mention I woke up with horrible heart burn this morning...what is up with that new symptom???


I have hit that point in pregnancy where I feel so horrible that I need to compensate to make myself feel a little bit better.  The emotions of my body changing so rapidly are very frightening to me.  It doesn't matter how many people tell me that I "look great" because I am still battling myself with my new image.  I don't think it helps either when people stare at me while I am out in public.  So as one easy fix I bought new makeup.  At least playing with it made me feel a little bit better.  I have been doing my nails and my hair...and overall I am playing with my appearance more than I ever have.  I don't know if this is a common pregnancy "symptom".

My "nesting" has also gotten out of control. But, in all fairness, I honestly believe it has more to do with moving than being pregnant.  Slowly, areas in my house are being organized into little piles of stuff that I want packed in the same box.  Yes movers, I am going to be THAT person.  Even baby Zoë has a stockpile of stuff just hanging out in the middle of our guest room.

And what is in that stockpile? Not a whole lot my friends.  It's been a real challenge to get prepared for a baby when we don't even know if we are going to get our stuff in Georgia before she makes her appearance. A lot of the essential items our parents are holding at their houses so we can pick them up before she comes, such as the carrier, stroller and crib. But what I do have are some clothes I have picked up on sale, a Bumbo seat I got off someone on craigslist for $20, and a baby bjorn for another $20 off craigslist.  Not a whole lot which is kind of scary.  I am sure we will be at Babies R Us while I am 39 weeks preggo waddling down the isles for stuff I need. Scary.


For all the mom's out there, how long was it before you had everything you needed for the arrival of new baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment