Monday, June 27, 2011

Read Times 100 Best Novels

Time's list of the 100 Best novels
I want to read every novel on this list. As of today these are the titles that I have already completed reading…
“Atonement” (2002)- Ian McEwan (Great story. Favorite quote: “The cost of oblivious daydreaming was always this moment of return, the realignment with what had been before and now seemed a little worse)
“Gone with the Wind” (1936)- Margaret Mitchell (This is my all time favorite novel. So much better than the movie, although the movie is very good too. Favorite quote and let me be cliche: “My dear, I don’t give a damn”. I have always wanted to say that to someone!)
“The Great Gasby” (1925)- Scott Fitzgerald (Who hasn’t read “The Great Gasby”? I enjoyed it better the second time around)
“Light in August” (1932)- William Faulkner (I am not going to lie, this was a slow painful read)
“Lord of the Flies” (1955)- William Golding (Don’t remember a lot of it, except a lot of talk about how Piggy liked boys? Might have to go back and re-read it)
“The Lord of the Rings” (1954)- J.R.R. Tokien (Epic Adventure)
“To Kill a Mockingbird” (1960)- Harper Lee (All I remember is that no actual mockingbirds were harmed in the making of this book)
WOW 7 out of 100! I have a lot of reading to do! Guess my feminists pieces didn’t make the cut, such as “The Awakening” or “O! Pioneers”. Probably because they were terrible. Classics…but terrible terrible torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment