To my followers, I told you that for the next week there will be a lot of recipes and book reviews! Here is another recipe. This is REALLY good. I would recommend putting this recipe in your recipe box. This dish serves 6-8.
What you shall need:
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- Around 1 pound of Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Elbow Noodles
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs OR Planko Crumbs (Japanese Crumbs) mixed with about 2 Teaspoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces. Coat the bottom of a medium or small frying pan with olive oil and cook chicken pieces. I would suggest not letting the chicken turn brown.
- Meanwhile boil a pot of water and cook macaroni.
- When chicken is cooked place on the side.
- In a medium pan melt your 6 tablespoons of butter. Blend in flour and salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils slightly.
- In an appropriate sized baking dish (I used 9x13) place chicken, peas and macaroni. Next, pour your chicken gravy on the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until the top becomes nice and crusty.