Saturday, March 10, 2012

That Moment when you cut off all your hair...




(Before mah haircut)







(After mah hair cut)




No folks, I have not gone crazy!

The truth is, I love short hair. I really only grew it so long for my wedding because I wanted to style my hair all pretty-like. Also, my husband loves my hair long. So with him being deployed I figured I would chop it now so that way he can't stop me!

What I think is funny, is that when you decide to do something drastic like this all of your friends try to talk you out of it. They say, "No, your hair is so long and so pretty, you are instantly going to regret it!"

Well, I don't regret it. I LOVE IT. The one thing about Hawaii is that it is always humid here, and on top of that it seems like every bathroom simply doesn't have windows. As I was blow drying my hair which can take up to 15 minutes of my life, I tossed my hair dryer down and exclaimed, "SCREW IT! I AM CHOPPING IT ALL OFF!!"

The women at the salon thought I had gone crazy. But after the hair dresser cut the pony tail off (This is my third time I have donated my hair), they were all like...oh yeah, you look much better with short hair.

So that's my hair story and I am sticking to it!

15 comments:

  1. It looks great! Love the hair!

    I've had my hair short for the longest time and it's only in the past 8 months or so that I've let it grow. I saw people I haven't seen in years recently, and they couldn't stop with the, 'Oh my god, your hair is so long!' 'Why didn't you grow your hair out before?!'

    My mother, funnily enough, hates my hair long.

    You can't win 'em all, huh?

    x
    Risha

    p.s. came by your blog via 20sb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom hates my hair long too! As soon as I posted a picture on Facebook she was of course the first person to comment saying it looked much better haha

      Delete
  2. It's cute! I have a few pictures of short hair cuts that I like but every time I do it I HATE it! Plus, since my hair has no body it looks worse when it's short than long. I chopped it all off before I went to college and people thought I was a younger sister visiting on move in day =[. That's why I don't cut my hair short! But you wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's hard for blondes to go short. I love blondes with long hair I don't know why!

      Delete
  3. I think you look adorable with short hair and I bet it is so much more comfortable in that hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your short hair looks super cute! Sometimes I wish I had the guts to go that short, as it must be so much easier to manage! Thank you for the sweet comments dear xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it helps when you've had your hair this short before...I don't think I would go any shorter although I love pixie cuts.

      Delete
  5. I adore your hair short. It's quite perky and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes a nice cut will finally give you back some of your natural volume.

      Delete