Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Update on my life

Hello all!

(11 weeks pregnant)

I am sorry for the lack of posts. For any of you who have been pregnant and got stricken with the morning sickness bug for the entire first trimester, I am sure you understand! Things are getting a lot better. I am actually starting to function again so I am planning on going back to writing every day like I was before I was taken down by the alien creature inside of my body.

Some exciting news- My house will be going on the market in a few months! I am really excited about this. My husband worked really hard to "flip" this home and I truly think we are going to make a profit from it. Also, the interest rates are really low right now making the real estate a "buyers market". I will put the pictures online as soon as it's official!

And the reason our house is going on the market? *drumroll please* We are moving back to Mainland United States! My husband hasn't gotten his official orders yet, but we are pretty sure we will be in Washington by the end of this year.

I am going to try to get some last minute hiking done in Hawaii, the trails I have wanted to do but haven't. I think the only two are Diamond Head and KoKo Head. As much as it has been an experience living in Hawaii, I am excited to go back to a place where we can have a house with a garage and a HUGE yard for the dog to play in. Island style life just isn't for me, there isn't anything bad about it...I am just a small town loving girl who needs space away from people. You can't even get that with the hiking here, believe it or not there are always a lot of people around on every trail, it's crazy! First place I am going to eat when I get back to Mainland? Panara. I have been dying for a broccoli and cheddar bread bowl. Nom Nom Nom.

3 comments:

  1. Not all islands are like Oahu. That little rock has been overcrowded ever since I can remember. I'd love to get stationed there to be near my family and all, but I don't think I'd want to move back there permanently. Washington is a great state! Good luck with all the PCS stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed my time in Hawaii- I wish I could have went to some of the other islands while we lived here because all my local friends tell me its completely different! But Oahu is where the military sends us, that's the reason why it's so crowded!
      I am not sure what to think about Washington, I am originally from Upstate New York. I have definitely learned that West Coast living is WAY different than East Coast living!

      Delete
    2. I hope my husband gets stationed on the East Coast because I keep hearing how opposite both sides are and I want to see for myself. There's a lot of hiking and outdoorsy stuff in WA. From the way you blog, I think you'll like it. I have lots of friends and some family living in the Seattle area if you have questions about anything.

      Delete