Thursday, January 19, 2012

#132 Learn How to Cook- Beef Stew

Crock pot beef stew

What one needs:
  • 2-3 pounds of beef- Preferably for stewing...it should say on the package
  • 3-4 Large carrots
  • 2 large potatoes cut in 1 inch squares (or in my case something that could look like a square with a little imagination).
  • 1 can of tomato soup
  • ^fill that can with water and pour that sucker in.
  • 3 rinds/stalks/single branches of celery
  • 1 Tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons of flour
  • 3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 2 large onions
  • Salt and Pepper



The best thing about crockpots? Just throw everything together in the pot and BAM! 9 hours later you have a stew...I know...9 hours but it's worth it TRUST me.

4 comments:

  1. Beef stew is my favourite hot pot meal,i could just eat some this looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I coat the stew meat in the flour mix (flour, salt&pepper, and I think maybe some garlic salt too) before adding the other ingredients. I've found that helps the flour mix in a bit better than if I add the flour along with everything else.

    Make sure to have a loaf of French bread and butter on hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q- Will definitely try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, just put the stew meat in the crockpot first, pour the flour mix on the stew meat, and then mix it all around. You could probably use your hands for that part, just to make sure it's all coated and the stew meat doesn't get all torn up.

    (I grew up in Indiana, where beef stew is practically a currency, lol) ;)

    ReplyDelete