So after my epic food fail from Thursday night, I decided the next thing I was going to experiment and cook should be something I am more familiar with...sugar.
Since I have been pregnant, I have cut back on meat because the Alien Child inside of me will not let me stomach it. In order to receive the same amount of protein I have been making sure to eat a handful of nuts. Mostly almonds because they are my favorite. I wanted something different and I thought about the carnival almonds I used to get all the time from the local fair and amusement parks back at home. I did some research and came up with my own little recipe for the nuts...
What you need:
- 3 cups of almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (add more if you want more of a cinnamon taste rather than sugar)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Lay down some waxed paper on a large baking dish (or just choose to grease it, but with the sugar caked on...trust me you want the paper)
- In a medium bowl mix the egg white and vanilla until frothy
- Add Almonds in the bowl and make sure you coat all almonds
- Add sugar, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl and mix until mixture is even spread on Almonds
- Spread Almonds on the cooking sheet. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes taking almonds out of the oven every 20 minutes to "stir"
- Cool. And eat deliciousness.
These came out amazing, and I will be making them again. They are also good for around the holidays so make sure you mark this for future reference!